Health & Safety
1. Our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take the time to do it safely.
2. All occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable.
3. Everyone is obligated to refuse unsafe work.
4. Everyone is obligated to raise concerns about the hazards seen.
5. All levels of supervision are accountable for safety performance.
6. Employee and contractor commitment is essential to safety performance.
7. Excellence in safety leads to excellence in business.
8. Safety attitude off the job is important as on the job.
These commitments support our relentless pursuit to zero harm to employees, contractors, visitors and the communities in which we work.
Surerus Murphy Joint Venture believes that our employees are our most valuable resource - nothing in our business is more important than the safety of our employees, contractors and visitors and the communities in which we operate.
We believe that all occupational injuries an ilnesses can be prevented, and that safety is an integral part of everyone's job. We are committed to the highest standards of safety performance and have developed an effective safety program to ensure the wellbeing of all persons on our work sites. SMJV employees, contractors and visitors are expected to abide by our eight primary safety commitments: